Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hope It Goes Well!

Today is the day that I once again propose the idea of New York to my parents. Seeing as where its the only thing I've been asking for since Christmas... Well now that I can come up with the money for it, I'm pretty sure that I've got a good chance at winning the debate. Now where in NY? Buffalo. Well West Seneca to be exact. My dad doesn't understand why I want to go there so bad, because there's nothing to see. Well there is something to see. My boyfriend! Which I have yet to tell my parents I'm in a relationship with him. But the time will come soon. They'll find out eventually.
Anyways, here are the reasons I'm using to persuade them:
1. I'll pay for the flight there.
2. We haven't gone on a trip since Coronado in '09.
3. They will be the best parents in the whole wide world!
4. It will be a good experience, and I'll get to see my friends.
5. I'm not asking for anything else and I haven't been since before X-mas.

You're probably thinking "Wow, childish reasons." But sometimes buttering up someone to get your way really works. Plus, who can say no to free tickets for the whole family to go to the East Coast? Since my dad has a hell of a lot of air miles and is a medallion, that even gives us a discount. So it's not like I'm spending my life's savings or anything. But right now, my dad's in Ohio. Which leaves me the "harder to persuade" parent to convince first. But I'll have to confront her about it at some point. Right? I'll post later about how the discussion goes. Maybe I will let in a few pointers for you people that want to get big things from your parents too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment